2017/04/13

Ginger tea!

Untitled
On Monday afternoon I understood why I woke up feeling weak. A brutal cold had attacked me. Usually I get well after a day or two, but now it's Thursday and it just keeps getting worse. Time to wear my favourite socks.

Untitled
Body ache, sore throat, coughing like a chain-smoking 80 year old etc. No fever though, haven't had fever since... year 2002...? Good, still in the mood for coffee!

Untitled
The ugliness of being sick. Gonna get myself a new phone soon, I hope.

Untitled
If you tell a German you have a cold, I promise you that 99% of them will immediately shout You have to drink GINGER TEA! This is something I've been finding very cute for so many years now. Yes, I've been drinking it now and then when friends offered me, thinking it tastes amazing (I also drink it when not sick), but not until today I've been sick enough to actually feel how good it is. This also probably means, I haven't been that sick for many many years. Good thing!

So, as the Swede I am, I had never heard of Ginger tea, so if there are others without this knowledge, I recommend this:

Get Well Ginger Tea (the way I did it this morning)

Slice some ginger (5 centimeters approx) and boil it in 4-5 deciliters of water for a couple of minutes
Put 1/2 lemon, either the juice or sliced, in a mug
Strain the boiled ginger water in the mug
Pour some cold water in the mug as well (the ingredient below doesn't like too hot water + you will be able to drink your tea quicker)
Add a teaspoon of honey
Stir
Drink

(You don't have to boil the ginger if you don't want to, just put it in the mug with the lemon and honey and the hot water - I found I got more out of the ginger if I boiled it)

INGWERTEE!

9 comments:

  1. also very soothing with some mint leaves. feel better soon~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much!
      i agree :) http://sandrajuto.blogspot.de/2012/08/a-tea-recipe.html YUM!!
      happy weekend!
      sandra x

      Delete
  2. Hope you are well in no time at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are you reading? It looks like a murder mystery written in safety hazard signs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hey_Nostradamus! is the book :)

      Delete
  4. This is quite new in Germany, I guess. I live here for almost 50 years and ginger tea came to my life maybe five years ago. Before it was hot milk with honey, hot lemon water or limeblossom tea.
    Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, welcome!
If you have a question, please have a look at my FAQ-page.